Overnight Similans Liveaboards Thailand
Speedboats transfer guests out to one of the Somboon overnight Similan liveaboards daily. This flexibility makes them ideal for scuba divers requiring a shorter one night Similans liveaboard, or a two or three night Similans liveaboard. The two dive boats Somboon 3 & Somboon 4 are identical but offer different schedules & itineraries. Currently Somboon 3 & 4 are the only short duration Similans liveaboards that offer trips of less than three nights.
Similans & Surins
Prices From 13,900 Thai Baht
Max Guests 28 Overnight + Day Trippers
From One Night Upwards
Cabins & Comforts
Dive Site Itinerary
Value for Money
Cabins & Comforts
Dive Site Itinerary
Value for Money
Overnight Similan Liveaboards Thailand
Two Similan liveaboards, Somboon 3 & Somboon 4, are two large custom built dive boats which cruise around the Similan Islands from October to May. They exclusively offer shorter Similans liveaboard trips from one night upwards, & guests are ferried out to & from the two liveaboards by speedboat on a daily basis. Guests can book as many days & nights on these two liveaboards as they wish. While Somboon’s shorter duration Similan liveaboards are the only choice for one or two night Similan liveaboard trips, we recommend if guests have enough time, they consider a dedicated four night Similans liveaboard, or three night Similans liveaboard if they wish to maximise their overall Similans liveaboard diving experience & value for money. The Similan liveaboards we offer apart from Somboon 3 & 4 are dedicated liveaboards which depart from the pier with guests, & return to the pier three or four days later with the same guests. Somboon 3 & Somboon 4 operate slightly differently. Both Somboon liveaboards depart from the pier in October and remain in the Similan & Surin Islands until May. New liveaboard guests & day trippers are transferred out to one of the Somboon liveaboards daily by speedboat, & guests are also transferred back to the pier daily by speedboat.
Transfers from Phuket for Somboon Similan liveaboards start just after 6:00 am. Guests are transferred by minibus to the pier near Khao Lak, and are then taken by speedboat to either Somboon 3 or Somboon 4 in the Similan Islands. The speedboat transfer could take an hour in calm seas, or up to two hours if it’s choppy. Estimated time of arrival at Somboon 3 liveaboard is 11:00 am to 11:45 am. Guests departing either Somboon board the speedboat after lunch at about 2:00 pm & can expect to arrive back in Phuket at around 7:00 pm.
Similan Islands Dive Sites Map
Choosing a Liveaboard?
Need some options to suit your tastes & budget?
Somboon liveaboards also offer scuba diving day trips to the Similan Islands. When either Somboon 3 or 4 is scheduled to take the day trip scuba divers, the boat can feel very busy for the three hours over lunchtime until the day trippers return Phuket by speedboat at around 2:00 pm. Similans Islands scuba diving is rated as some of the best in the world, so a busy or sometimes chaotic dive boat for a few hours over lunchtime during your trip is of minor concern & is compensated by the flexibility of Somboon liveaboards schedules. However, if your schedule allows, maybe consider taking a slightly longer, dedicated four or three night Similans liveaboard which we know through our personal experience & regular guest feedback, invariably offers a more satisfying & relaxing Similans liveaboard scuba diving experience. Somboon 3 & 4 liveaboards offer twin or double bed cabins with shared bathrooms, large sundecks, & lots of space where guests can relax (Apart from during the few hours if the boat is taking day trippers that day).
Somboon Schedule, Prices & Itinerary
Prices & Marine Park Fees For Different Durations & Destinations
- Day trip – Similans – Two dives – 5,600 THB per person – Available Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri & Sat – Similan Marine Park fees 700 THB per person
- Day trip – Koh Bon – Two dives – 5,600 THB per person – (Available on Tue, Wed, Sat & Sun) – Similan Marine Park fees 700 THB per person
- One night – Similans only – Seven dives – 13,900 THB per person – (Departs Thu & Fri) – Similan Marine Park fees 900 THB per person
- One night – Similans & Koh Bon – Seven dives – 13,900 THB per person – (Departs Mon, Tue, Fri & Sat) – Similan Marine Park fees 900 THB per person
- Two nights – Similans & Koh Bon – Eleven dives – 18,900 THB per person – (Departs on Thu & Fri) – Similan Marine Park fees 1,100 THB per person
- Two nights – Similans, Koh Bon & Richelieu – Eleven dives – 22,900 THB per person – (Departs Mon, Tue, Sat & Sun) – Similan Marine Park fees 1,800 THB per person
- Three nights – Similans, Koh Bon & Richelieu – Fifteen dives – 26,900 THB per person – (Departs daily) – Similan Marine Park fees 2,000 THB per person
- Four nights – Similans, Koh Bon & Richelieu – Nineteen dives – 30,900 THB per person – (Departs daily) – Similan Marine Park fees 2,200 THB per person
*Additional days cost 4,700 THB per person per day.
*All departures are early mornings with transfers from Phuket starting at 6:00 am.
*Similan Marine Park fees are set by the Thai government & are subject to change.